Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Featured image still displays when disabled

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by GeoffS1889 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am working on a content template for a custom post type called "Deals".

I continue to see the featured image displayed at the top of the page even though it is disabled.

It shows up in my content template where I have placed it (left side) BUT it also appears at the top of the page (which it shouldn't)

My Gutenberg block view - hidden link
My front end of website - hidden link

The page - hidden link

Is this a bug? How can I resolve this issue?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Based on the debug information you shared, I can see that Layouts plugin is installed on your site. Is Layouts plugin is active on your site? If yes: Can you please deactivate it and edit your content template and re-save the settings to disable the featured image and check if that helps you to resolve your issue.

Hi Minesh,

I just disabled the plugin (it was active) and tried saving/re-saving the content template again. This did not fix the issue. All else on the back end within Content Template editor of Toolset looks the same...

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I just checked with my test site where only Toolset plugins are active and I also installed the GeneratePress theme.

If you want backend access, you can use: hidden link
User: demo
pass: Admin@999

I've created the following content template to display single student post where I disable the Featured Image using the GeneratePress theme option available with the content template:
=> hidden link

I've created the following singel post and I do not see the featured image on the frontend.
=> hidden link

As I do not able to reproduce the issue, I need to check why its not working on your end but before I start to troubleshoot, in order to minimize the cause of the issue:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme(GeneratePress parent theme) to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see any difference?

I am taking this up with GeneratePress support. It seems the issue is related to the GP Premium plugin and inserting a featured image because it thinks the custom post type is like a blog. I am figuring out how to disable that on the custom post type. Thanks for the help here!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.