Skip Navigation

[Resolved] fancybox works on first page load

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user is using the lightbox library, but videos in subsequent pages with AJAX pagination do not play inside the lightbox

Solution:
Youtube requires to use https://www.youtube.com/embed/ like URLs for embed instead of https://youtu.be/ URLs.

We built a custom shortcode that converts URLs to the correct URL scheme. Check this reply https://toolset.com/forums/topic/fancybox-works-on-first-page-load/#post-1894907

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kelvinL-2 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hello, I install the fancybox plugins, if I apply Pagination enabled with manual or automatic transition and AJAX, the fancybox function can only be worked on the first page. If I apply the Pagination enabled with manual transition and page reload, fancybox can work on every page, any solution that I can apply the AJAX?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I am setting this ticket as waiting for a response until you provide us with a copy of your website to check why is the Fancybox not working for youtube videos after paginating the view with AJAX.

Dear Jamal,

Please enable the private message for me, so that I can provide the login credential.

Jamal
Supporter

Of course. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

It seems that we can fix the fancybox issue on Youtube videos by adding the class "iframe" to the <a> tag handler.
But, I encountered another issue. Check this screenshot hidden link

Refused to display '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

I think that it has something to do with server security. I wanted to add custom code to update that, but the server security does not allow me to update files.

add_filter('allowed_http_origins', 'add_allowed_origins');

function add_allowed_origins($origins) {
    $origins[] = '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>';
    return $origins;
}

As I explained while having the chat, I'll need to take a copy of your website and test it against our servers, this will let us check if it is a server related issue, and at the same time, it will be needed if I can't find a solution and I had to escalate this ticket. Please let me know if I can take a copy.

I remember that we have fixed the fancy box for images while in chat. Is that correct or are you having troubles with image fancyboxes too? If yes, please let me know exactly what posts to test with, If you can record a screencast of your tests that would be great.

Dear Jamal,

I duplicated the production site to this dev.vwcm.hk, you can feel free to test it. Or you need me to duplicate the site and send you the image? Please advise what I should do.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Jamal
Supporter

I just wanted your approval to take a copy of your website. As you are willing to provide one, I am already running a migration of this website to our online platform. I'll let you know what I will find.

Dear Jamal,

Sure, please feel free to duplicate it, once finished, please delete the source is fine.

best regards,

Kelvin.

Jamal
Supporter

Of course, I'll delete the migrated site once we fix this issue. hidden link

Let me escalate this issue to our 2nd Tier for further assistance. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Jamal
Supporter

It seems that the AJAX calls changes the referrer of the page to the full URL of the page instead of the site URL which creates an issue when the strict policy for same-origin requests is enabled.

As a workaround, we need to change the URLs of the videos to a less restricted URL. According to this article we need to use the /embed/ endpoint for the URL hidden link

So I suggest one of the following solutions:
- Changing the URL in the browser using Javascript by adding the following code to the view:

jQuery(function($){
  $('.fancybox-youtube').each(function(){
    var $this = $(this);
    var url = $this.attr('href');
    if ( /https:\/\/youtu.be\//.test(url) ) {
      $this.attr('href', url.replace('<em><u>hidden link</u></em>','<em><u>hidden link</u></em>'))
    }
    $this.fancybox();
  })
});

-Changing the URL in the server, by wrapping the URL shortcode inside a custom shortcode "youtube". Add the following code to your theme's functions.php file:

add_shortcode('youtube', function ($atts = [], $content = null) {

$output = str_replace( '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>', '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>', $content );

return $output;
});

Then wrap the shortcode in the view's content template:

<a target="_blank" class="fancybox-youtube iframe " href="[youtube][types field='recording-url' output='raw'][/types][/youtube]" rel="noopener noreferrer"><i class="fa fa-video-camera" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>

You can check the second solution on the migrated site hidden link

Let me know once you implement it in your live site so I can delete the migrated site.

Dear Jamal,

Sorry for my late review of this ticket. As the site was cracked, I think I will continue this after this ticket be solved. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/unserialize-error-at-offset-error-message-from-wp-content-plugins-types/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.