Skip Navigation

[Resolved] unserialize(): Error at offset error message from /wp-content/plugins/types/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kelvinL-2 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 6.03.44 PM.png

Dear Sir/Madam,

All plugins have been upgraded to latest version but still received error. The site was cracked but already cleaned, all plugins are reinstalled from new plugins including the Toolset.

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 6.40.55 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 6.39.25 PM.png

FYI

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Regarding the first screenshot, it seems that at least one view has corrupt settings data. To better assist you with this, I would need to take a copy of your website and debug it locally. Let me know if that's fine with you.

Dear Jamal,

Do you mind allow me to duplicate for you and allow me to fill the private message?

Best regards,

Kelvin

Jamal
Supporter

Sure. Your next reply will be private.
Please exclude the uploads folder to reduce the size of the copy.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I was not able to take a Duplicator package neither, so I took an All In One Migration export.

It seems that the setting for all the website views becomes corrupt. In fact, if you go to the "Application by Competition" view, you will notice that it has lost its settings.
hidden link

The settings are saved as a serialized array, and it seems that they were not saved correctly. Let me escalate this to our 2nd Tier for further assistance.

Dear Jamal,

Thanks for your reply, I visit all Views page and try to fix the missing, now there is no such error when I visit the dashboard but I don't know whether it is fixed. Could you help to escalate this to our 2nd Tier for further assistance?

Jamal
Supporter

Our 2nd Tier went through the list of each of the Views on the site and tested unserializing the _wpv_settings value for each of them using unserialize.com, and found the following Views where the settings are broken (IDs): 749, 2011, 2414, 2181, although looking at the “Content to load” described on the list of Views at Toolset > Views it looks like there may be others affected too.

He manually inspected the values of the serialized settings to see if it is possible to identify where they were broken, and he found they all include a setting for the pagination spinner image where the string length is incorrect, thereby breaking the serialization.

(hidden link and hidden link are the settings.)

The string count was only one character out; that could be accounted for by http vs https, for example.

We don’t know the history of the site to know how it came to be incorrect; We suspect a migration that didn’t manage serialized strings correctly.

Maybe you can try to manually edit the entries for _wpv_settings for the broken Views in wp_postmeta, and change the string count for the ajax spinner URLs (the ajax-loader.gif string is 81 characters; the ajax-loaded-overlay.svg URL is 89 characters).

Or you can delete the erroneous Views and re-build them.

Dear Jamal,

I don't know when your 2nd tier tested, after you told me that the Views were corrupted, I linked back the content selection to the correct post type. The error gone but not sure whether the problem still exists, how can I manually edit the entries for _wpv_settings? or the error gone and problem has been fixed? Please advise what I should do next.

Best reagrds,

Kelvin.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Kelvin,

I don't think our 2nd Tier worked on your live site. I have passed him a copy of your website.

The value of _wpv_settings is a serialized array. It is a way of storing an array as a string. You can read more about it here hidden link
Basically, the items of the array have their string count before them.

If the errors have gone, there is no need to update anything.

Best regards,
Jamal

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.