Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Exported zip for Types / Views won't open on Windows / import new WP install

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello! I'm trying to export my WP Types / Views content and then import into a new WordPress installation, however, the downloaded .zip file isn't opening in Windows (error message says it's invalid) and when I try to import into fresh installation of WordPress, the zip file isn't recognized and the import fails.

I've turned on PHP debugging and there are no errors. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Dear Ngo,

In your case, we need to see the PHP debug logs.
Are you following our document to get the PHP debug logs?

PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

Hello!

I did already have the PHP debug on (I looked through other support threads first to try to figure it out) and am already generating an error log - how would you like me to send you the file? Thanks!

Please fill below private detail box with a downloadable URL of the debug logs, thanks

Thanks for the details, checking in your website, will feedback if there is anything found.

Thank you very, very much!

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website, and see the broken exported zip files, and I did not find any PHP error or PHP warning in the debug logs.

And you are using the 21 plugins and custom theme, I need your permission to deactivate plugins and switch theme, please backup the database, and update this thread, I need to debug in your website. thanks

Yes, you have my permission to debug - I have backed up my website - thank you!

Thanks for the details, the problem is in your theme files, if you switch to original Genesis theme, and test again, the exported zip files are fine.

since there are lots of custom PHP codes in your theme files, for example:
hidden link

I suggest you ask help your theme author, also you can manually debug it line by line.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.