Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Errors on Updated Page

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pete 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi there,

When updating the layout of pages we tend to do this on a hidden page, when ready we copy and paste onto a live page.

What I don't understand is why on the hidden page: hidden link
When inspected it has 'one' issue.

However when the same layout is used on the Home Page: hidden link
It has four errors, and two warnings.

One of the issues is the Toolset search bar in the hero image, there is an unsecured element there even though I checked this.

There is also this warming:

Uncaught ReferenceError: _ is not defined
ViewFrontendUtils hidden link
224 hidden link
jQuery 2

What I don;t understand is why it's ok on one page, yet on the live page it has issues.

Any thoughts on sorting these would be really appreciated.

Regards, Pete

Hello,

How do you copy and paste the contents onto the live page?
Are we talking about Toolset Blocks plugin?
You can not copy page content blocks from one website to another WordPress website, there isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset plugins.

In this case, you need to setup the page content manually in the new WordPress website.

Hi Luo,

Thank you for your reply.

We don't copy and paste between sites so this not the question I asked about.

My question was:

On the Home Page: hidden link
It has four errors, and two warnings.

One of the issues is the Toolset search bar in the hero image, there is an unsecured element there even though I checked this.

Also:

There is also this warming:

Uncaught ReferenceError: _ is not defined
ViewFrontendUtils hidden link
224 hidden link
jQuery 2

Can you advise me on the above please?

I can see the JS errors in your website, I have searched it in our forum, but don't find any similar report, so there should be some compatibility issues in your website, please try these:
1) deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2022, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again
2) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Hi Lou,
We can't go and disable all plugins and themes, this is a live site and we have promotions running.

There is something way more local that appears to be the issue. The Search Bar in the Hero image.

This site has the errors and so does every site that has the Search Bar on the Home Page:
hidden link

This site is identical in every way, it has all the Toolset Plugins, Views etc yet no search bar in the hero.
hidden link

**This site has no errors.

If I remove the Search Bar from the site in question:
hidden link

All the errors vanish.

So the issue is with the Toolset Search Bar.

As I mentioned above, it should be a compatibility issue with other plugins/theme of your website.
Can you provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem in a fresh WP installation?
According to our workflow, we need to reproduce the same problem in fresh WP installation.

You can also follow our document to duplicate this website to another staging website, and deactivate plugins/theme in the staging website:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/
Try to locate the problem plugin/theme

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.