Skip Navigation

[Closed] Error Notice on Appearance Widgets

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Just a heads up on blocks 1.6 there is still a notice on the widgets page , I only know this because I was fixing it on my theme but realized my theme but also blocks 1.6 has the issue. I fixed this in my theme by simply running a check on the the function I'm using to Enqueue my gutenberg styles. I'm sure your team is aware of this issue but I thought I would bring it up just in case.

function gdt_customizing_blocks() {
global $pagenow;
if ( 'widgets.php' === $pagenow ) {
return;
}
wp_enqueue_script(
);
}

Notice: wp_enqueue_script() was called incorrectly. "wp-editor" script should not be enqueued together with the new widgets editor (wp-edit-widgets or wp-customize-widgets). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 5.8.0.) in /***/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 553

Hello, thanks for the report. I am able to see the same notice you mentioned, let me escalate this to the developers to be sure they are aware of the problem. I'll let you know what I find out.

Screenshot 2021-08-22 111219.png

Just an Update on this one, it might be a bigger issue than originally expected. when my debug is at false, Firefox works fine, but Chrome fails to load any stylesheet on the widgets.php page, when blocks v.6 is activated. De-activating the plugin and everything works fine.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nicholas,

As Christian is currently on vacation I will be doing the followup here.

This might be a different issue from the widgets notices issue.

Would it be possible to provide a copy of the site so that we can do some further investigation ? To provide the copy please follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] Error Notice on Appearance Widgets’ is closed to new replies.