Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error in console when insert a comment

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Immagine 2022-10-25 114527.jpg

in the lessons I have the comment box, it works correctly but when I post a comment or write in the box, errors come out in the console.
I thought it was a problem with my lifterlms learning plugin but hearing the assistance they told me it could be given by toolset types.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
no error in console

Instead, I got:
I am attaching screenshot

hello, maybe I understand why! because I have two other forms (toolset form, in the sidebar at the beginning). how can I make the toolset forms and the comment form coexist?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

The comment form is added by your LMS plugin, is that right?

Can you confirm, if you disable all plugins except for Toolset Forms and your LMS plugin, you see the error, yes?

If that is the case, could I ask you to set up a simplified demo of the problem on a blank test site on our server so that we can look into the cause of the problem?

You can log in via this link: hidden link

hi, i don't think lifterlms is the problem because in addition to lifterlms I also installed buddyboss (as a theme), and the latter modifies some lifterlms templates, such as the comment form template. In fact, by switching from the buddyboss theme to another theme, the error does not come out

comment.jpg

Hello,

I have tried these in your website:
1) You are using BuddyBoss Child(A child theme of BuddyBoss Theme)
2) Open URL you mentioned above:
hidden link
3) Add a comment, but I don't see the problem you mentioned above:

post a comment or write in the box, errors come out in the console.

See my screenshot comment.jpg

Is this problem resolved? Please let me know if you still need assistance for it.

Immagine 2022-10-27 090107.jpg

No i'm still have this error!

hi, I think I understand why you don't get the error, because when not logged in there are no toolset forms that create the conflict. When logged in, the toolset forms are there and create this error. can I share the site credentials with you? how can i pass you the credentials?

basically the toolset forms I use them to create "notes" for the lesson. so if there are notes linked to my account the toolset forms come out.

I took that screenshot after logged into your website.

Here is the steps:
1) Login as user "pharlo"
2) Open URL
hidden link
Add a new comment, I don't see any error in my Chrome browser console window.

Is there any missing steps? it might be a browser cache problem, please try to clear your browser cache or try with another browser.

I have enabled private message box, in case it needs other website credentials.

hi, I cleared the cache and also changed browsers but I keep seeing the same error. From your screen, however, I see that you are not logged in, I think I have explained myself badly: after clicking send to insert the comment I get the error in the console., When I refresh the error there is no more

validation-js.jpg

Thanks for the details, I can see the JS errors in your website now.

Toolset Forms plugin is using jQuery Validation to validate user inputs:
hidden link

I have tried these in your website:
1) Switch theme from "BuddyBoss Child" to WordPress default theme 2022,
2) Open URL
hidden link
Add a comment again, I don't see any JS errors, see my screenshot validation-js.jpg

It seems "BuddyBoss Child" is also using it's own jQuery Validation JS file:
hidden link
which is conflict with Toolset jQuery Validation JS file, and conducts the JS errors.

In your case, if we remove/dequeue Toolset validation file from your website, it might conducts other unexpected results, Toolset Forms won't work as expected.

And I have tried both forms(comment form and Toolset forms), they both work fine, so in my opinion, you can ignore that error message.

Hello! thank you very much for the answer, possibly if i isolate the toolset form validation only for the forms that have a certain class? I guess the toolset form has a recognizable tag to distinguish it

There isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset Forms plugin, you can add a feature request for it, our developers will evaluate it:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.