Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error creating and editing Custom taxonomy

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidC-50 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Create a custom taxonomy for a custom post type.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (private though)

I expected to see: I should be able to add a new term to this taxonomy but it is not saved.

Instead, I got: an error with I try to save the taxonomy:

"Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function apache_get_modules() in /home/customer/www/leftcoastnetwork.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:5283 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/leftcoastnetwork.com/public_html/wp-admin/includes/misc.php(17): apache_mod_loaded('mod_rewrite', true) #1 /home/customer/www/leftcoastnetwork.com/public_html/wp-admin/includes/misc.php(267): got_mod_rewrite() #2 /home/customer/www/leftcoastnetwork.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-rewrite.php(1823): save_mod_rewrite_rules() #3 /home/customer/www/leftcoastnetwork.com/public_html/wp-includes/rewrite.php(278): WP_Rewrite->flush_rules(true) #4 /home/customer/www/leftcoastnetwork.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/includes/classes/class.types.admin.edit.taxonomy.php(904): flush_rewrite_rules() #5 /home/customer/www/leftcoastnetwork.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/includes/classes/class.types.admin.edit.taxonomy.php(67): Types_Admin_Edit_Taxonomy->save() #6 /home/customer/w in /home/customer/www/leftcoastnetwork.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5283"

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi David

I quickly took a copy of the site to install locally to see if the error occurs then, too, or whether it is limited to your server. I'm installing it now and will get back to you.

In the meantime I noticed that you have Toolset plugins installed and active that you probably don't need. Certainly if you are using Toolset Blocks you don't need Layouts (a proprietary page-builder superceded by Blocks), and you likely don't need Framework Installer or Module Manager either. You should probably deactivate those unless you have a reason for installing them.

Can I check what prompted you to install those plugins? (We should be discouraging that, Layouts in particular is for existing clients with existing sites that use it.)

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I didn't see any errors when installing the copy of your site, but I didn't really expect to, this appears to be a server issue.

Note the error describes that the function apache_get_modules is called on line 5283 of wp-includes/functions.php but doesn't exist. And yet it's a core PHP function (hidden link) *and* the previous line first checks if it exists before trying to use it, i.e.

5282:     if ( function_exists( 'apache_get_modules' ) ) {
5283:        $mods = apache_get_modules();

It can't exist on line 5282 and then not exist on 5283.

You may need to check with your host, but before that, can I just ask you to add a phpinfo file to the root of your installation, so that I can check the configuration in case anything occurs to me?

Create a file named phpinfo.php with the following content and save it in the root of your WordPress install:

<?php

phpinfo();

You should then be able to visit hidden link and it show the server configuration. Let me know when I can check that.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your response. I was able to install phpinfo.info script and view the results. It looks like PHP is installed as CGI and not as a module. Is this the source of the error? I am using Siteground as a host and they state that I am unable to install PHP as a module. Will this prevent me from using some features of Toolset?

I will disable the unneeded Toolset modules. It just was unclear which modules I should install or not.

Best,
David

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.