Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error 500 after latest update when saving cred edit post

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Rich 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: save after editing or adding a cred post, but instead get error 500

I didn't notice this issue before the last update

The error goes away if I remove 2 checkboxes.
The error returns if I place the checkboxes back in the forms.

This doesn't happen with a generated post that I created to see if the problem was isolated to just my original posts (add and edit).

I think this error is related, as it happened at the same time as the error 500:

[01-Sep-2016 01:00:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cred__parent_sort() (previously declared in /home/radioandtvads/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/embedded/classes/Form_Builder_Helper.php:1377) in /home/radioandtvads/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/embedded/classes/Form_Builder_Helper.php on line 1377

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1)
Could you please share your CRED form problem URL and info about how can I reproduce the issue.

2)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

forgot to mention...
To add a new advertiser:
1) Go to page footer and use the following link:
Manage Ads and Account
If you aren't logged in, you will get that option and then will be directed to the 'my account' menu.
2) Add a new ad from the 'my account' menu
3) Edits can be made on the same menu by choosing
Ad list'.

Minesh
Supporter

I've good news for you. Our developers provided path to fix this issue.

I've applied patch on your server. I've replaced following files:
=> plugins/cred-frontend-editor/embedded/classes/Form_Builder_Helper.php
=> plugins/cred-frontend-editor/embedded/common/functions.php

Could you please test and confirm that the issue is fixed now and works at your end.

The change made seems to work find at adinfo247.com

I copied and pasted the 2 files that were modified on adinfo247.com to my original site radioandtvads.com, but still get the error 500.

If you want to login and check it out, use the same username and password you used at adinfo247.com
Thank you,
Rich

Minesh
Supporter

We have published official errata page with the hotfix for this issue.:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/fatal-error-trying-save-edit-form/

You should try to apply the hotfix and check if that help you to resolve your issue.

If hotfix does not help, Yes - please share access details of your site where it's not working as well as problem URL.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I can see you are using w3 Total Cache plugin.

Could you please try to delete all cache (browser, server) and try to resolve your issue.

clearing cache or disabling w3total didn't help
can you go online and find out what the issue is?

In the future, is it possible to work with someone in the same time zone? It takes to long to work with someone isn't on the same schedule. Is there a way to make this request?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Rich

Today is actually a holiday for Minesh.

When you create a ticket you have the option of requesting a particular supporter.

You can see from each of our profiles what our normal working hours are, to know whether it is a good fit for your timezone.

I hope that will be of help for next time.

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry for the inconvenience caused due to timezone.

I will try to assign this ticket to supporter who falls in your timezone.

Shane
Supporter

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Rich,

Minesh has assigned the ticket to me so I'll be assisting you 🙂

Can you let me know if you are still experiencing this issue ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane:
Still have the issue.
Is it possible to share some of your debug techniques so I can be more proactive with issues like this?
Thanks,
Rich

Shane
Supporter

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Rich,

Normally what I would do is to deactivate all the non-toolset plugins and try again and see if the error remains.

If it doesnt then we know we have a plugin conflict. What you can do is to try this and let me know.

If that that doesnt help I'm going to download the duplicator package and set it up on my local server.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.