Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error 500 admin ajax when registering the toolset key

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.46 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by marcoR-6 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,

I encountered a problem activating toolset with key
When I insert the key, the loading icon remains and this message appears in the console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:1

What can it be caused by?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Might I ask that you try again, in case it was a temporary issue on the server?

If you still have the problem, can you check the installer troubleshooting page (which for the site you shared would be at hidden link) and see whether it gives details of any issues?

Let us know what you find.

HI,

if i get 'file not found', is that a problem?

However it is thrown there is still the same error

HI,
I checked and there are no logs, is there anything else I could check? Could it be something related to the server configuration?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing these updates.

Some server configurations or security plugins can block external communication or AJAX requests.

I recommend installing a fresh copy of the Toolset plugins, downloaded from the Toolset Downloads page ( https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ ) and see if that resolves this matter.

If it persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details in reply to this message for further investigation.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

HI,

Thanks for the reply. I already tried again but the problem persists. what else could i check?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I'm afraid, the error information that we have so far is not enough.

For further troubleshooting, we'll need temporary WordPress admin and FTP access details.

Note: I'm setting your next reply as private again.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hi, I figured out why it was throwing this error:

Simply because the server only allows me to upload and update plugins via ftp
Indeed in the plugin screen (after activating the key on wp config), I had this text:
Downloading is not possible because WordPress cannot write into the plugins folder. How to fix.

Checking I found the solution on this forum -> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/no-matter-the-permissions-set-get-error-downloading-is-not-possible

define('FS_CHMOD_FILE',0644);
define('FS_CHMOD_DIR',0755);
define('FS_METHOD', 'direct');

It was a folder permissions issue

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.