Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Elementor form doesn't work in a specific post type.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot 2023-01-25 231224.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm having problems adding forms in the pages in a specific post types. When I test it, it says that the fields are empty and that an error occurred. Right now it only happens with this post type. When I add the form in another post type or on a normal page, it works perfectly.

What is the link to your site?
The post type is services (hidden link), and the form that is on the screenshot is on this page hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I tested the form shown in your screenshot and it submitted correctly.
( it showed the message: "Thank you for signing up, the Accelerator Worksheet has been sent to your email." )

Can you please test the form again and let me know how it goes?

regards,
Waqar

Screenshot 2023-01-27 135437.jpg

Thank you Waqar.

Sorry, I removed the Elementor form because I was not getting an answer yet, and I can't have that form live, so I changed it for a form from another plugin.

Here is a duplicated page: hidden link

There you can see the form.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

I noticed the error on trying to submit the form, but I also see a number of "503 Service Unavailable" errors in the browser's console.

In simpler words, this error means that your server or the CDN (your website is being served through Cloudflare) is not able to handle the form submission request. Here is a more detailed article on the background and troubleshooting of the "503 Service Unavailable" errors:
hidden link

I'll recommend testing the form with a minimum number of plugins and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One and also testing with and without Cloudflare.

In case the issue still persists, you can report this incompatibility to Elementor's support team, for further investigation.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.