Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit or delete a post type in toolset

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user asks would like to change the title and slug of a custom post type.

Solution:
Go to Toolset->Types, locate the custom post type, and edit it. You will be able to change the title and the slug and other options.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.58 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Charles 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Category.JPG

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I would like to edit an existing post type, I want to change the name. If this is not possible how do I delete a post type?
Is there any documentation that you are following?
No
Is there a similar example that we can see?
No
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

That's possible. Go to Toolset->Post Types, and click on "edit" for the relevant post type. Then, you will be able to change the title and the slug of the post type. You can also change the different options.

From the same screen, Toolset->Post Types, you will also be able to disable a post type or completely delete it.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.