Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit Form dies not work properly (problem to submit)

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: The "Add new Post Type" Forms are working properly but the "Edit Post forms" do not.

For example, we have a posts that have 2 Edit forms on it. One to edit User Details and a main form to edit the regarding post itself. Both have the same Problem

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
( You will need a password, can I send you the cedentials here? )

I expected to see:
That the data of the user or the post is updated. the page reloads and the content is updated, the slug normal.

Instead, I got:

1) If the submit button gets pushed, the loading spinner works for some time and then stops but nothing happens and no data is saved.

2) If the button is clicked again the data gets saved. (But this is nothing any normal user would understand)

3) After the submission the page seems to have unintended behavior because there are parameters at the end the normal url
(most likely because of the posting process) but the page does not reload / resets to the normal url which causes (I guess) the form to fail completely if the user tries to add new additions right after in the edit form without reloading the page manually first.

Thanks!

Hello,

I suggest you follow our document to setup and display the form for editing post.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-cred-editing-forms/

In case there are any other compatibility problem in your website, please try this:

1) deactivate other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2017, and test again

2) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am checking it in your website, will update this thread if there is anything found

I have tried below steps in your website:
1) Login your website
2) Open URL
hidden link
3) Change the field "Fahrzeugnamen ändern" from

Elise

To

Elise changed

click the button "Aktualisieren"

I can see the data is saved without any problem, please correct me if there is anything missing. thanks

If there isn't anything missing, then it might be a browser problem, please try with another browser or computer to submit the form, and test again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.