Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Dynamic text in cover block

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Steve 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
tlh-content-template.png

Im using a cover block in a content template. Im adding a dynamic image dynamic text (the post title) However when i save the content template the settings for the dynamic text (not the background image) is lost

You can see in the image my settings and that the title is displaying dynamically in the content title. However if i save the content template, leave the window and come back in, the toggle to set the dynamic content is turned off.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Steve,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you let me know which block you are using to do this ?

I will attempt to replicate this on my end.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane its just the std Guttenberg cover block - Is there a toolset block that would do the same thing- I didnt see one- but id be glad to use or try that before you do a bunch of testing

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Steve,

Given that you're using a default block then it would mean there is some plugin conflict somewhere.

What you can do is to disable all the non-toolset plugins and check again to see if it works. This dynamic content option is maintained by the wordpress core so it works independent from Toolset.

Also we do not have any block form our Toolset plugins that can mimic this functionality.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thanks Shane I confirmed its not a plugin conflict I'll take it up over at WordPress

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.