Skip Navigation

[Closed] Duplicate email triggered on form submission

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 1 year, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am having a weird issue where on CRED form submission a user is getting the same email twice.

I have custom code in hooks for cred_save_data and cred_submit_complete but none of that code relates to sending an email.

Have you seen this happen before? I am not sure where to start?

Link - hidden link

Hello,

I did not see the similar issue before, and the problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:
1) Reset(delete and recreate) all email notification and test again
2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2021, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

Luo,

Please try to understand that giving high-level generic answers does not help.

I have a complex live product and stating that I should deactivate the plugins is bad advice.

Also, asking me to reset email notifications is also bad advice because we have not identified the core issue and you are suggesting a manual solution for my team when the problem could be the Toolset code. Even if the problem is not in Toolset, there has to be a better approach to diagnose this issue rather than asking the team to do manual work.

It just does not seem like a very logical approach.

As I mentioned above, the problem is abnormal.

You can try these:
1) Create a new fresh WordPress website with the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) Try to duplicate the same problem in abvoe test website

3) If the problem still persists, provide a copy of your test site in below private message box(or you can provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem), I need to duplicate the same problem and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate email triggered on form submission’ is closed to new replies.