Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Duplicate Custom Post Templates not working …

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gordonW-2 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 3.24.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 3.24.59 PM.png

I have a working Custom Post Template.

I duplicated it to make a special version for a particular product type but the duplicate no longer lets me select the custom fields ... it seems to have no knowledge of the custom post type.

Here are screenshots of the same Conditional Block ... the one that mentions SKUs is the original template file, and the one that does not is the duplicate.

I selected the appropriate custom post type in the Content Template pane of the editor, and I selected the specific type of custom post type for the duplicate template. (in this case the custom taxonomy)

Am I doing something wrong? all the conditionals and queries are broken when I edit them as the custom post type seems to not be recognized.

Hello,

Please try these, after you duplicate the content template, edit the new duplicated content template, in section "Usage", find and enable the specific options. Save and refresh the content template and test again.

nope.

all the conditions et al continue to say "Incomplete Condition" and when you try to edit them they just think they are a default post template and not the custom post type template same goes for any views ... they don't recognize the custom post type selected in "usage"

I will try some more things in the morning (well in like 8 hours after I get some sleep)

I have tried it in my localhost with a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine.

Please let me know if you still need assistance for it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! ok ... looks like something got bungled ... but I was able to get the duplicate template working (not sure what was wrong, but it is working now

thx!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.