Skip Navigation

[Resolved] documentation for the messaging system

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Few months back toolset had the information about the messaging system. I started the project but now there is no way to find the documentation. Where did the toolset team hide it? it is not fair that when we start something you guys change it or don't allow it to display for developers. I have tried to find it but I see Beda (toolset tech) saying there is information in the classifieds course details. I followed item per item, I was forced to review items innumerous teaching items and there is no way to see any thing there.
I have everything downloaded into dachbpard and I don't know what to do. There are functions that needed to be tweaked or added to the functions file and I can't do it I am stuck.

The toolset developers mentions this URL https://toolset.com/learn/how-to-create-a-messaging-system-with-toolset/
for guidance but it takes no where. What is going on here guys? I never had such an inconvenience before. I refuse to say you guys are dropping the ball. I believe in Toolset but I need you guys not to hide tuff. Please make an area for legacy documentation to still show. I have customers who still have their website using legacy. before I update it I need to have comparisons , until you guys come up with everything in blocks there is still information needed from legacy.

Can someone show me where is the documentation for it? I am with behind my project delivery.

I kind of getting my way around, but it is very hard to figure out stuff by myself. What I am struggling the most is how to make the button to trigger the first message to the contractor. I understand it is meant to not having people receiving messages that did not initiate with the one willing to be contacted. But how does that button triggers or how to add that to the portfolio or contact page that was created by the author for that content in itself?

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Here is the module which you may use that will allow you to download the messaging system.
=> https://toolset.com/modules/messaging-system/

The following Doc you can follow to import the module:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/export-import/using-toolset-module-manager/

It seems to me our Doc team has removed the original Doc that help user to build the messaging system.

I will check with them and update you but in the mean time, Can you please try to install the module manager and install the messaging system module. Does that help?

Thank you Minesh.

I installed and it created the post type and forms to send and receive messages. Now what is the process for setting it up? which link I use and where do I put it. where. How does it capture the first id from the sender? I needed into about it. I am in the dark.

Even if the documentation has been removed, could you just give me the brief logic of how it works and how I set it up in the page or if it has to be in the single page . Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Here is the official Doc for developing messaging system:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/miscellaneous/how-to-create-a-messaging-system-with-toolset/

Can you please follow above doc and let me know if you will require further assistance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.