Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Do you have a ticket from me?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

When edit a parent post, in the "post type relationship" section, where you can edit/add child posts, display a multiple instance custom image field "galleries"

Solution:

There isn't such a feature within Types plugin, in the "post type relationship" section, you can display only the single instance field, and you can specific the fields by this:

Edit the parent post type, in section "Children Post Types", find the child post type, click link "Select fields".

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Do you have a ticket from me? I've been wondering if it did not submit and did not error and now I havn't heard anything in a while. I need some help with one way post relationship. thanks

I now see that the ticket I created does not exist. My login must have timed out and I was not notified on submit.

I have an issue where the parent post type is overridding the photo gallery of each child post. At first, it looked like I was able to unlink just the parent because the repeater fields went away from the parent post, but the children still had the dropdown to select the parent. But then the next day or so, the dropdown for the parent link was gone, I have a feeling my host caches odd stuff like this somehow.

Is there anyway to relate these posts without the parent causing the children's galleries to be knocked down to a single photo(which is what the repeater fields seem to contain, is only 1 gallery entry per child)

Hello,

Please elaborate the question with more details:
Is there anyway to relate these posts without the parent causing the children's galleries to be knocked down to a single photo

What kind of relationship do you needed?
Are you going to achieve this:
When edit a parent post, in the "post type relationship" section, where you can edit/add child posts, display a multiple instance custom image field "galleries"

If it is, there isn't such a feature within Types plugin, in the "post type relationship" section, you can display only the single instance field, and you can specific the fields by this:
Edit the parent post type, in section "Children Post Types", find the child post type, click link "Select fields".

Thank you, I was able to relate them without syncing the photo gallery(which was greyed out in the custom list ironically).

This is exactly what I needed, thank you!

You are welcome

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.