Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Distance query filter does not save

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

>As soon as I click on the "close" button of the distance filter section, the view is saved without issue.
Right!
Who would have thought that closing the settings thingy would save the settings.

However, try to keep it open, and then maybe make some edits elsewhere to trigger the blue (main) save button of the View.
Pressing that, wont save your changes in the query.
Also, the blue "save" of the query itself should become active as soon we make changes... just like it is with all other query filters we can add.
As soon you add any other filter, or make changes to any other filter, it will have a blue save button instead of a "close" button.

And, it will actually save the changes, even if we press the view's main blue save button, as opposed to the distance filter.

So I guess the addon issues are 2 actually.

1. The button that saves, instead of being blue and saying save, is grey and says close.
2. When saving the whole view (without first closing the query filter for distance) will not save the changes to the distance filter just made, but it saves all other query filter changes made.

I've replicated this on the sandbox you had shared in the same view.
Added a "Author" filter, and changed the other query (distance)
If you leave distance query open and save the view, the distance query wont save any change, but author will.
And, author will have a blue save button, actually indicating where to save, whereas distance, will only have a "close" button which is certainly not indicating to be meant as save button 😉

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Thank you! I can see the issue and I have escalated it to our 2nd Tier. I'll let you know about it as soon as possible.

Jamal
Supporter

This issue is now escalated to the developers. Hopefully, it will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Thank you for reporting this.

Thanks!

Will be eagerly waiting for a fix if any 😀

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Beda,

I am afraid, it may take some time before this issue gets fixed. I'll get back to you as soon as we have something to share about it.

All the best,
Jamal.