Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Displaying results only when filter is used

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I need a filter for my frontpage where the user is able to select a relationship in a dropdown and then the results will be shown.
I have created some many to many relationships. Now I want to display a dropdown select where the user can select one topic. When this topic is selected I want to display another dropdown underneath the first dropdwon where the user can choose between subtopics related to the first one. If he does so - i want to display the related posts as a search result.
On other pages (like the one mentiont below) I used wpv-post-param to filter the dropdown oprions and if the post-param was empty I wouldn´t display anything. But with the new blocks this seems not to be possible? Where can I find the "display search results on other page or display search results on other part of site options? I am totally confused here.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No. There are none for the new Blocks plugin

Is there a similar example that we can see? Yes:
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
Just working on that site so it´s protected. But can give you access if you want.

Best regards
Hannes

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Hannes,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately with Blocks you aren't able to separate the search filter from the view and add it to another page using the typical editor.

What you will need to do is to add a Classic editor block to the page and then use the Fields and Views button to add your view that you've created in Blocks.

When done like this you'll be presented with the options add the Search and Results on different pages.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.