Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display user field (with happens to be embed media), when user is logged in.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.83 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cristianR-3 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: When user logs in, show an embedded code (video), that is populated through a User Custom field.

I visited this URL: NA

I expected to see:NA

Instead, I got:NA

Basically I am working on a solution for a towing company. Their tow trucks are fitted with cameras. When a car gets towed, at times, people complain about there vehicle getting damaged. So I am developing a system for the tow company to be able to register a user (CREED user form), use the custom user field to embed a YouTube link of the video in question, and the system will send a notification with login instructions to the user so they can see the video of there towing.

I am also creating a front end system for the manager to be able to fill the form for the user and see a list of all the users within the system.

I got everything working with the exception that when I click on the link that goes to the View that shows the video, all videos are shown that have been uploaded. I attempted to filter by user ID, but but it's not filtering. I need your help please.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Christian,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind if I took a look at this setup ?

Particularly the view that is displaying the information, based on your explanation the view that should be displaying the video, should be filtered based on the current post that the user is viewing ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Sure, no problem, I can make a temp login account for you. But how to I send you the credentials in a private fashion? Once I create the account I will elaborate as to the Views that are supposed to be filtered.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cristian,

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cristian,

It actually works as intended it could be that you werent providing the correct information to the filter.

hidden link

This should only give you the video for the user crisrod63 . Your items should now be working correctly.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok, it was not quite working as intended, I changed it to use the users-filter=id. I was missing the bit of "?users-filter=id" on the links. So your help was enormous. I just wish that this kind of information was included in the documentation. I looked and I was not able to find it.

Thanks a lot Shane, you got the ball rolling on the project, much appreciated!!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.