Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display single event using The Events Calendar plugin from Modern Tribes

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hannesU-2 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
default layout of my page - here the archive for the events.png
what i see.png

Hello there support-team,

i really do love the toolset and am using it the first time now for one client.
Everything is fine except for one little thing and i am kinda lost. Hope you cann help.

I am trying to: display a single event page using the "The Events Calendar" from Modern Tribes. The Archive works fine, but when i click an event to view details the following happens: In the Header the logo and social buttons are shown, but the the header (red color) is fullwidth and the wpml language switcher is missing.
And in the content area the page goes fullwidth as well.
But my standard layout is boxed.

I tried to assign a single event one of my child layouts but then i receive an error message, that i need to assign a layout or something...

Website is not online right now, but i can send you login-details if you want.

But maybe the solution is totally simple? That´s what i hope at least 😉

Can you help?
Thanks in advance
Hannes

header on the other pages and archives.png

Edit: Oh. I just that the social icons are supposed to be in the top right corner of the header (see attached image - this is how it looks like on the other pages and archives).
Furthermore the footer in events archive page is the one i did with toolset, but on the events single page is see the standard genesis footer (Copyright © 2016 · Genesis Framework · WordPress · Log out).

Dear Hannes,

There is a known conflict problems between The Events Calendar plugin from Modern Tribes and Layouts plugin, currently you will need to follow our document to integrate it with Layouts plugin, for example this thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/integrating-modern-tribe-the-events-calendar-with-layouts/#post-368020

More help:
Layouts Theme Integration
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/

Dear Luo,

thanks for your quick answer.
I looked at the two threads you have linked, but i am a little confused regarding the first thread:
Where do i have to insert that code? I made a copy of default tribes event php, copied it into my child theme under /tribe-events.
In the tribe events settings i have chosen tribe Event Style as Stylesheet and standard Template as template.

Didnt change anything. Did i do something wrong or forgot something.

I apologize for my questions, but i am pretty new to toolset.

kind regards
Hannes

I see you are using the theme "EndoscopyCampusChild", is it a child theme of "Genesis"?
If it is, please check this in your website:
Switch to original parent theme "Genesis", and test again, check if the problem is fixed.

Thanks for your answer, Lou.
I switched to the genesis theme, but the Issue still exists.
I just noticed, that the same thing happens, when i click on images, that are linked to attachment.

I can not duplicate same problem in my localhost, could you duplicate it in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details and ftp access, also point out the problem page URL, I need a live website to test and debug. thanks

Thanks for the details, checking in your website, will feedback if there is anything found

Since it is a custom PHP codes problem, I need to check the codes in your theme files with FTP access, but I just tested the FTP access you provided, seems it is not valid, I get this errors:
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 FTP on dd36312.kasserver.com ready
Command: USER TempLuo
Response: 331 Password required for TempLuo
Command: PASS **************
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Please check it.

Hello Luo,

sorry for that.
Sometimes copy and paste is not as easy as it seems....
The Username was incorrect and the root folder as well.
changed the username and folder in the private message now.

Kind regards
Hannes

Thanks for the details, the FTP access is valid, checking in your website.

I tried these in your test site:
1) First I need to locate which template file is for rendering the problem page, so I install "Which Template File" plugin, download from:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/which-template-file/

2) Refresh the problem page:
hidden link
I can see it is using theme file "page.php" to rendering the post,

3) Create a theme file "page.php" in your child theme folder, with below codes:

<?php
if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    die( '-1' );
}

if ( defined( 'WPDDL_VERSION' ) && is_ddlayout_assigned() &&is_singular('tribe_events') ) :
    get_header( 'layouts', 'events-default');
        the_ddlayout( 'events-default' );
    get_footer( 'layouts' );
else:

get_header();
?>
<div id="tribe-events-pg-template">
    <?php tribe_events_before_html(); ?>
    <?php tribe_get_view(); ?>
    <?php tribe_events_after_html(); ?>
</div> 
<?php
get_footer();

endif; ?>

refresh the problem URL again, now I can see the calendar works with the layout, and you will need to customize the layout here:
hidden link

Hello Luo,

thanks for your quick answer.
Unfortunately your solution didn´t work.
I tried, but with your solution all other pages that use page.php didn´t work anymore.
And the emplate for the single event is the single.php.
So i tried your code with the single.php copied to my child theme, but that didn´t work either.

All other single.php pages work, using the parent-theme single.php. Only the events get crushed. I am a little confused.

But to get my work done i just decided to manage my events with a toolset custom post type, views and layouts.
i think that´s the best way to do it 😉

But a big thanks to you, Luo!

greetings
Hannes

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.