Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display a page into a page

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.00 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to display a page into a another page but front-end sends this error messagge.

Il contenuto non verrà visualizzato perché produce un ciclo infinito.
The wpv-post-body shortcode was called more than once with the attribute view_template="modello-di-contenuto-per-il-layout-layout-for-page-705" over the post "Home", triggering an infinite loop.

I read your instruction at https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/content-template-cell/
but I don't find "2. Select to display fields for a specific page."

I create a page and choose to modify layout, then in layout page I inserted "Cell Content " and I choose the other page that in want insert into.
At this point Plugin ask me if I want use model content or create one.

At the first time I choose to create one new.

Then Plugin show me a insert page for fileds and view and I choose it and select post-body.

And when I try to display page this is the error.

regards
fulvio

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Fulvio

You want to insert the content of one page into another page, is that correct?

If I have understood you correctly you are editing one page using the Content Layout Editor and have tried to insert a Content Template cell with the contents of another page added using the wpv-post-body shortcode.

I believe this should work, but found the same problem you did when I tried it myself.

As an alternative, instead of using the Content Layout Editor to design the page, you could create a Layout at Toolset > Layouts which you add a Content Template to, and then assign that Layout to the individual page you were previously editing with the Content Layout Editor.

I am escalating this thread to get the opinion of my colleagues, and I'll update you when I have some news.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Fulvio

A quick update to point out that we have published an errata about this problem which includes a couple of possible workarounds: https://toolset.com/errata/content-template-cell-of-another-post-shows-error-and-wrong-data/

I'm leaving this as escalated and will update when the issue itself has a solution.

Nigel
Supporter

Just to let you know this will be released in Layouts 2.4.3, which should be published imminently.

Keep an eye out for the update, and let me know if you still have any problems.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.