Skip Navigation

[Closed] Differentiating between a Singular Template and a Content Template Form

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Oxygen 3.8.1, WP 5.8, current Toolset: I've defined custom type "Directory Entries" and a template to display an individual entry (Singular, with "Directory Entry" ticked). I also have a form to edit the entry, but when I attempt to edit the form, the form is displayed using the Singular "Directory Entry" template. I've tried creating a new template with "Content template" ticked, but that didn't work. Can you tell me how to set up my Oxygen templates so that an entry uses one template to display content and another template when editing via a form?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Toolset offers a feature called "post edit link". This feature requires creating a separate template for editing a post using a Form. And the edit link contains the ID of the content template. However, in the case of using Oxygen Builder, I am not sure how that works. I could not find anything about it in our documentation article https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-oxygen-page-builder/

At the same time, I am not sure to understand your question. So, I would like to get a closer look at what you have set up so far, and I'll do my best to help. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

If you can't provide access to your website, I have created a test site where you can install the Oxygen Builder and reproduce what you have done so far. You can log into it with the following URL hidden link

Please provide as many details as possible. Where do you have the edit link? So, I can follow it and see how the URL is built.
Provide screenshots if necessary.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you! Can you provide credentials to your dev site? This way I can create a listing and see how the edit form appears.
On the live site, my user does not have any listings, so I can check the edit link page. And I don't want to create a dummy listing as this is a live site.

Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you. I was able to create an entry on both sites and I published both of them. The dev site does not present an edit link. The live site does. And it took me to hidden link

From what I could see, the Oxygen template is always used, whether for displaying the post or for editing it.

Keep in mind that the Toolset content template will render the content and generate it on the_content call of the theme's template. In this case, the_content call of the Oxygen template.
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/the_content/

I am not familiar with the Oxygen builder and I am not really sure how you can add dynamic content to its components. But, it seems that below the "Description" title, the template generates the content of the post. That's why the form appears after the "Description" title. Apart from that, I am sorry, I can't add anything further.

I wonder if you could reach to the Oxygen Builder team and ask for their opinion too. I am sure, they can provide something to help us answer your question.

The topic ‘[Closed] Differentiating between a Singular Template and a Content Template Form’ is closed to new replies.