Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Development site

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

We've purchased the plugin for one site, but we need to test it on our staging site as well.

How can I register the plugin on the staging site, please?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Welcome to Toolset support and I'd be happy to assist.

This is covered in our FAQ section here:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-and-register-toolset/#registering-toolset-in-a-development-environment

"Each registration site key is bound to the URL used to generate the key. This can create a challenge for site administrators who have different environments for development and production. If you create a site key for your live site, you cannot register your development site with the same site key. Instead, holders of the Unlimited Sites (and old, Lifetime) account can create as many different site keys as necessary to register Toolset in their development environments.

Since our 1 Site account plan only includes a single site key, we recommend 1 Site account holders to not register Toolset in their development environments. Instead, download the necessary plugins from your Toolset Account page and install them directly, manually on your development site. Register the live, production site to generate a site key bound to the live URL, where you can use the automatic update feature."

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.