Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Detail template not being used.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am testing converting an existing website into the toolset platform with divi. Originally I created a website using the platform and made a backup of all views, layouts, etc. Next, I went to a test area for the old site and imported all the saved Toolset information. It seems to work just fine, however, the detail view is not accessing the template as it should.

I have successfully used a Divi template for the loop archive and inside that template I use hidden link{!{wpv-post-url}!} to call the post url for the detail page. That worked fine in the original site, and it took me to a divi designed content layout from within toolset. Now it doesn't and I'm not sure how to find the problem?

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can login into your website, please elaborate the question with more details:
I have successfully used a Divi template for the loop archive and inside that template ... Now it doesn't and I'm not sure how to find the problem?

Where can I see the problem? What do you expect to see?
Please point out the problem page URL and template URL, thanks

1) Visit the homepage hidden link You will see a list of auction items that are from a CPT "Auctions". That list is generated by a view that uses the loop archive template in Toolset (hidden link) and it is fine.
2) From the auction page you can see that there is a link to the detail page for each auction in the photo and in the text block. with a button labeled "Auction Details". Pick an auction like the Complete Fitness Center Auction - Cardio Equipment and hit the auction details button (hidden link)
3) It will take you to the details page that is supposed to use the custom Auction Single Post template. That template (hidden link) was created with the Divi template and should have a lot more items and layout information. It does not appear that the detail page is using the template. If you go to the details page you will only the auction description and none of the other data. None of the other information is being shown.

Thanks for the details, here are what I found in your website:
1) You are using Divi theme, and designing the content template with Divi page builder, since Layouts plugin is based on Bootstrap framework, but Divi isn't, there will be some unexpected results using Layouts and Divi theme, so it is not recommended to use Layouts plugin with Divi theme.

In your case, I suggest you deactivate Layouts plugin, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/#installing-toolset
Toolset also features its own builder plugin called Layouts. However, when using Toolset with Divi, we recommend not to activate it and to use Divi Builder instead.

2) After deactivate Layouts plugin, you can edit single "Auction" post, for example:
hidden link
in section "Content Template", choose option "Auction Single Post Template", and test it in front-end:
hidden link
You will be able to see the content template is being used.

And you can do a batch update for all single "Auction" posts, here:
hidden link
in section "Usage", click "Change usage" button, click button "Bind 316 Auctions"

This is very helpful and I disabled the layout plugin as you suggested and updated. The only other issue I seem to be having related to this is that I want the WordPressArchives to use the default Divi "Blank" template and I can't seem to find an option. The archive data is properly being shown, but using the wrong default template and I am not sure how to fix it?

New threads created by Luo Yang and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-want-the-wordpressarchives-to-use-the-default-divi-blank-template/

I assume the original question has been resolved, for the new question please check the new thread here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-want-the-wordpressarchives-to-use-the-default-divi-blank-template/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.