Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Deprecated Errors on Toolset Blocks

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.07 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Pages of our Elementor website are throwing a deprecated error if toolset blocks are present. This is the Error

Deprecated : _register_controls is deprecated since version 3.1.0! Use Elementor\Controls_Stack::register_controls() instead. in /www/[my site]/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5323

I've gone through and re-uploaded all the toolset plugins in case it was an install issue but I'm not getting much response.
The error does not appear if I am in the WP Admin panel, it only appears if the user is completely logged out.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: Everything seems to be functioning correctly so I really just need to either resolve the error or get rid of the message so our users cannot see it.

Instead, I got: A long, ugly error code, lol.

Thank you very much for your time!

Hello,

Since it is a compatibility issue with Elementor plugin, please reproduce it in a fresh WP installation, provide the copy of the test site in below private message box, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only. I need to duplicate the same problem and debug in my localhost.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

And messages you mentioned above is only PHP Deprecated message, they are not PHP errors, you can disable displaying them by these:
Edit your WordPress file "wp-config.php", change these lines to:

@ini_set( 'log_errors', 'On' );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 'Off' );
define( 'WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER', false );   // 5.2 and later
define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', false );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

More help:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/
section "For your public, production WordPress installation, you might consider placing the following in your wp-config.php file, even though it may be partly redundant"

Thank you! Unfortunately I was not able to get this done today. I will make a note to get the info you requested set up and sent on Monday.

Please update here if you still need assistance for it, thanks

I have my files ready, but I'm not able to access a private message box anymore, are you able to re-enable that option?

Thank you for your time!

Private message box enabled again

I am downloading the files, will update here if find anything

I can see the problem in my localhost with the duplicator package, according to Elementor document:
hidden link
The new PHP function name should be register_controls()

I have escalated this thread, will update here if there is anything news.