Skip Navigation

[Closed] Date pickers appear empty in Toolset Forms Edit Mode

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.27 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi Support

When editing our posts using Toolset Forms Edit mode, the date pickers are appearing empty, whereas it should show the date which was previously selected from the database.

When the Edit form is displayed, the date appears momentarily for about 1 or 2 seconds then disappears.

I am guessing this is some JavaScript problem.

Kind regards
Simon

Please provide a private reply, and I will provide a login and instructions how to easily reproduce the error.

Thanks and regards
Simon

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Simon,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Here are the private fields.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane

Thanks. Here are the step to reproduce:

1) Create a Nanny Ad by clicking in the Ad (megaphone) icon in the menu > Place a Nanny Ad
2) Fill out all required fields
3) Click Ad icon > My Nanny Ads
4) Click Edit Nanny Ad button. Near the top of the form is the field where the date disappears after a few seconds.

Kind regards
Simon

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 3.24.52 PM.png

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the patience.

I was able to have a look at this, however i'm not seeing the issue as the datepicker is showing. See Screenshot

Thanks,
Shane

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 21.34.31.png

HI Shane

What browser are you testing with on what OS?

I'm using a Mac and Chrome and Firefox are showing the date, but Safari is not (see screenshot). I checked on iPhone as well, and mobile Safari is not showing the date either.

From left to right: Chrome, Firefox, Safari

Kind regards
Simon

Shane
Supporter

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the clarity. I can indeed see the issue on Safari, however i'm not able to see any errors on my end that would let me know what the issue is.

I do however see the value on the initial page load but then it dissappears.

Could you change the theme to a default wordpress theme and check again as i'm not able to replicate on a fresh install.

Thanks,
Shane

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 21.50.33.png

Hi Shane

I changed to 2021 theme and it is showing OK in Safari.

What would be the next course of action?

Kind regards
Simon

Shane
Supporter

Hi Simon,

Are you able to provide me with a copy of the theme so that I can see what happens on my end ?

Most likely you will need to get in touch with the theme developers in order for them to see why it is breaking on safari.

The theme might have issues with Safari .

Thanks,
Shane

HI Shane

You can take a complete copy of our site for local testing if you want - you can use our Duplicator Pro plugin. I could prepare a download for you. It's just our dev site, we aren't live yet.

I think if I provided you with the Avada zip file you'd need to add our licence code to activate it.

Does that help?

Kind regards
Simon

Shane
Supporter

Hi Simon,

Won't need the entire site, just the theme to check what happens when I activate it here. So you can send the zip file to me.

As mentioned not much we can do on our side about this.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi, Shane is unavailable so I'm looking into his outstanding tickets. To send a zip file, you can upload it to Drive or Dropbox and provide a download link here in your next forum reply. Any URL you share in a reply will be hidden from public view for your security. However, it seems that your theme is Avada 7.1.2, and I have access to that theme here for testing. I can take a quick look and give you an update shortly.

Is there a way to list all plugins and themes and their versions? Seems a bit extreme to have to look them all up manually.
The debug information you added to the ticket earlier includes this information. If you're trying to provide that information to us for support, it's already included here, there is nothing else you need to do in this case.

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 10.16.55 AM.png

In a quick test with only Avada 7.1.2, Fusion Core, Fusion Builder, and Toolset plugins active, the date field in an edit post Form are showing up as expected in Safari. I can modify the date using the datepicker and the updated value appears in the input field, as you can see in the screenshots here. I'm not exactly sure what could be the problem here, but it could have to do with other active plugins.
Is it okay for me to temporarily deactivate some plugins on the dev site to run more tests?

HI Christian

Sure go ahead, I won't be working on the dev site for the next 10 hours or so. I just had to go to recovery mode to fix the update to Avada 7.2. I tested after successful update to 7.2 and the issue was still there.

Kind regards
Simon

The topic ‘[Closed] Date pickers appear empty in Toolset Forms Edit Mode’ is closed to new replies.