Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Date Picker not appearing on some fields

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
My Date Picker does not appear in the Form when clicking in the date field area.

Solution:
It could be a overclosing or missing HTML tag such as div or other, in the Form.
In this very case, an additional DIV was added in the Form's HTML that provoked the date field from showing.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/date-picker-not-appearing-on-some-fields/#post-1246444

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by KentS9937 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I have a form with multiple date fields. The date picker isn't showing up on all the date fields, only the first few.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected all date fields to have the date picker.

I thought this might be a cache issue, but server cache is turned off and I cleared my browser cache.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website and see the problem, I assume we are talking those date fields, for example:
- IDPH Check Completed On
- Date Faxed
- Date Received

The problem is abnormal, please try these:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again
2) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I can download the files, but there are some errors when I install the duplicator package:
The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Please check it, you can also make a database dump file with other mysql tools, for example PHPmyadmin, and I have enabled the private message box again.

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate the same problem, it seems the problem occurs when the form content is very long, in your case 225 lines codes in form content.

I have escalated this thread, will update here if there is any news.

Hello - I am Beda, I was assigned to this task here.

I can already tell what follows:
- there is a lot of "broken" HTML in that Form (over closing DIV for example, and Apostrophes of ShortCodes that are nested into other ShortCodes break subsequent HTML output as well in the form)
- this issue is not related to how large that form is, however it is related to the content of the form, and here I specifically suspect the broken HTML
- the issue should be fixed by fixing the broken HTML and ShortCodes

I can not yet confirm the precise location of the mistake and will look deeper to find it, then I will update you here.

1. All Date Fields until the "IDPH Check Completed On" field work, hence the issue is likely after those fields
2. In fact, removing everything from form (unless the required fields) until the "IDPH Check Completed On" does not solve the issue
3. Right before the "IDPH Check Completed On" there is an over-closing "</div>". Removing that immediately resolved the issue.

Hence, the problem seems to be the "</div>" on ca. line 131 in the Form editor just after:

<div class="row wtn-rowwtn-pad-bottom wtn-italic">
<p>Note: WTN conducts a consumer report/or investigative consumer report including information concerning character, employment history, general reputation, personal characteristics, police record, education, qualifications, motor vehicle record in connection with an application for employment and/or continued employment.</p></div>

When removing the additional DIV that comes right after, the issue is solved.

Can you confirm this?

That did the trick! My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.