Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Date custom fields are not opening up

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by deepS 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screenshot_8.jpg

I have a date custom field in a type of post, but the date picker is not showing up so that I can choose the date from it. At the same the RFG is also not loading in the backend. See the screenshot.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I expect you have JS errors on the page, can you check in the browser console for errors and warnings and share them here?

Also, please share your debug info. hidden link

Please check the debug information. If you wish I can grant you access to my system.

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks, what are the errors on the page in your browser developer console?

How to find that?

Nigel
Supporter

It depends which browser you are using but you should be able to right-click somewhere on the page and choose "Inspect element" which will open the browser dev tools, and then choose the Console tab, where you can enter JS commands and which will show you JS warnings and errors.

Screenshot_9.jpg

I think I found the problem. It's the Elementor page builder that is colliding with Toolset. Once it's deactivated the doesn't persist.
It shows this error "ReferenceError: elementorCommon is not defined". See the screenshot.

Nigel
Supporter

I have the same Elementor plugin versions on my test site, and I don't see any errors, so it's not so simple as a Types-Elementor conflict, there must be something else involved.

Now would be a good time for me to look at your site, if that's okay?

Let me mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

It's okay for me to do some simple debugging steps such as de-activating and re-activating plugins?

Can you confirm which post type it is you are editing?

Nigel
Supporter

Which post type are you editing that has the date custom field?

Nigel
Supporter

It looks like it might be the Jobs post type, but I am able to use the datepicker without problem, even though the Elementor plugins are active.

Screenshot_10.jpg

Here I am opening it Mozilla private browser, it's not opening up (but opens up in normal window). Here is the screenshot. I don't know why?
Actually the problem is since its a job website my other teammates also work there. One user with editorial rights is not able to select the date picker or add RFG in the Job post type in none of the browsers. Please help me to track the issue. Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Is this happening on the front end or the back end?

It must be the front end if you are using a private browser window. Can you give me the link to where I can see this happening?

Screenshot_1.jpg

While I am trying to add a new job post in the backend, the date-picker doesn't appear (in private browser) and RFGs cannot be added (displays 'loading' only). I hope you can replicate things in the backend in a private browser while adding a job. I am attaching a screenshot of the errors. See whether it helps?

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 15.40.17.png

I logged-in to your site with a private browser and still cannot see any problems, I was able to use the datepicker (screenshot) and there weren't any errors in the console.

The presence of JS errors means that other JS code on the same page cannot run, which is why the datepicker does not work for you.

I can't do any testing, because I cannot see the errors.

If I am seeing something different to you it should be because I have a different role, or because of the browser cache.

Try to clear the cache and perform a hard reload to see if you can flush out any cached assets.

Or visit the edit screen in a browser (or on a computer) you haven't used before.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.