Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Database migration and overwrite existing database

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by RenatoS4062 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello supporters,

I'm using same database on 2 sites. But, one site have cron job and another don't. I need to migrate data (custom fields) from one to another site. Is there an elegant way to do this without raw export/import mysql database table?

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I have following Doc to offer you that you may consider and that may help you:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other

I hope duplicator will help you to move your site.

Hello, thx but I dont need to migrate all site. I need to migrate only post type content (custom fields), wich will overwrite existing content (also custom fields created by types)

I need solution for that.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - then another option is to use module manager here:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-module-manager/

OR
Alternative way would be:
=> Toolset => Export/Import

But please note that this will only used to export/import Toolset plugin settings not the content(data). For example: if you have custom field and have 10 posts, it will only export/import custom field setting not posts.

Ok, but with module I'm able to export content also?

Minesh
Supporter

That is what I tried to explain you with following lines:

But please note that this will only used to export/import Toolset plugin settings not the content(data). For example: if you have custom field and have 10 posts, it will only export/import custom field setting not posts.

You can not import content. Its possible to import/export settings only not content.

I know that about export/import but I need to know is there possibility to export content using module manager?

Minesh
Supporter

No - its NOT possible to import/export content using module manager. Module Manager is just to export/import the structure/settings.

If you want to export/import content you may try WordPress default import/export from:
=> Tools => Export/ Import
OR
Find another plugin that fits your needs. For example:
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-export/

ok

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.