Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Dashboard is blank but everything works

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tomA-2 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
toolset.png

I am trying to: Go to Toolset -> Dashboard

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The Dashboard

Instead, I got: a blank page

WordPress version 6.0.2
Active theme: Astra Child (version 1.0.0)
Current plugin: Toolset Types (version 3.4.16)
PHP version 7.4.30

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 241 of the file /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/dashboard.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Toolset_Post_Type_Registered::is_disabled() in /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/dashboard.php:241
Stack trace:
#0 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/dashboard.php(348): Types_Page_Dashboard->get_types_by_toolset()
#1 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/dashboard.php(443): Types_Page_Dashboard->get_post_types_filtered_by_screen_options()
#2 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): Types_Page_Dashboard->screen_settings('', Object(WP_Screen))
#3 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(191): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#4 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-screen.php(1017): apply_filters('screen_settings', '', Object(WP_Screen))
#5 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.

Hello,

I have tried it in a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine, I don't see the PHP errors you mentioned above.

See below test site:
hidden link

And it is a built-in feature to deactivate(disable) custom post type using Toolset Types plugin, see above test site:
hidden link
post type "test cpt 1s" is deactivated.

So the problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:
1) Reinstall the Toolset Types plugin in your website, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
click link "Download Toolset manually "

2) Or you can reproduce the same problem in above test site. I need a live website to test and debug, thanks

I got this message from wordpress. Also I am creating a staging site for you to test the issue. I don't want to risk taking my live site down testing for this problem.

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Toolset Types.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

hidden link

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 6.0.2
Active theme: Astra Child (version 1.0.0)
Current plugin: Toolset Types (version 3.4.16)
PHP version 7.4.30

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 241 of the file /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/dashboard.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Toolset_Post_Type_Registered::is_disabled() in /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/dashboard.php:241
Stack trace:
#0 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/dashboard.php(348): Types_Page_Dashboard->get_types_by_toolset()
#1 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/dashboard.php(443): Types_Page_Dashboard->get_post_types_filtered_by_screen_options()
#2 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): Types_Page_Dashboard->screen_settings('', Object(WP_Screen))
#3 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(191): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#4 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.com/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-screen.php(1017): apply_filters('screen_settings', '', Object(WP_Screen))
#5 /home/customer/www/tomashworth.

I have created a staging area for you to work.

username: tooset
Password: eMFuczH0waUUR&)TtSE(&X)k

hidden link

This is a duplication of my current site.
I have given you FTP access with same credentials.

Also, directory is locked user tashworth19191 pw H4doD10!@#

I have tried the htaccess credential you provided above, it is not valid, please provide a copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

toolset-dashboard.jpg

Please try these:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Post Types, find and deactivate the custom post type "Locations", then activate it again

It works fine in my localhost with your duplicator package, see my screenshot toolset-dashboard.jpg

I deactivated the location post type and reactivated it and the dashboard now displays correctly.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.