Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Customizing product archive with Toolset block, Astra theme option doesn't work

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Have you guys fixed this issue? it seems to be still persisted. customizing product archive with Toolset block, Astra theme option doesn't work.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-make-custom-products-archive-page-show-up-just-in-the-content-area/

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Unfortunately, this was not fixed yet. We can override Astra options using this filter:

return apply_filters( "astra_get_option_{$option}", $value, $option, $default );

However, Astra will override our options with a more specific filter:

return apply_filters( "astra_get_{$archive}_option_{$option}", $value, $option, $default );

Maybe this will give you some insights on how that works.

Otherwise, please let me know if you would need assistance to implement a workaround for your website. I might need access to you. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Thank you for the quick reply. Since I want to use FacetWP as product filter, with the original product archive, FacetWP can be easily inserted into the archive pages with sidebar widgets. but if I use Toolset to override woocommerce catalog/ shop and product page grid/list page, FactWP will not work again, this is also what I concerned about since using Toolset woocommerce view will change the property of the catalog. using Toolset's search and filter feature with an E-commerce site is a little bit insufficient user experiences I think, do you have any suggestion about how to have Toolset woocommerce view play with FacetWP product filter feature toghter? Thanks!

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

I am not really sure if Toolset archive templates will work along with FacetWP search, however, maybe you can use Toolset content templates to customize how each post from the result is displayed. Check this article about the FacetWP Advanced mode, you can include a Toolset content template in the FacetWP template using code or a shortcode:
- hidden link

You can use the "render_view_template" function or the "wpv-post-body" shortcode to display a post from the result using a Toolset content template:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-api/#render_view_template
- https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.