Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Customize the page which has no access right

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 3.42.19 PM.png

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have pages with access group setting, without the access group, I use condition to show the content if user have right or not, if user doesn't have access right, message will be prompted to login before access, some pages may serve for several level of access, using condition or access group, which one is better?

When I apply the access group, I get page can't be found, how can I customize this page?

Best regards,

Kelvin

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

post-group-settings.png

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The "conditional blocks" and "access post groups", both can be used to show/hide the content, based on the user roles. It is a matter of personal preference and the type of requirement, overall.

For instance, if you have a few pages where most of the content is common for all users, but, some parts need to be shown/hidden based on the user's role, then it would make sense to use conditional blocks for that.

On the other hand, if your website has many pages where you need to apply similar access rules to their entire content, grouping them together using the access post groups will come in very handy.

The "404 - page not found" template/design is normally controlled by the active theme, but you can customize it, as explained in these guides:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_an_Error_404_Page
hidden link

Note: If you don't want to show the "404 - page not found" page to users without access to the post group, you can also select a custom Toolset content template, in the post group's settings.
( example screenshot attached )

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.