Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom view issue

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I have a problem with a custom view I created with toolset.

It always worked, but now an issue came out.

The problem is that the view should only display posts of the category "notizie", but know it is also shown a blank space and I don't know why.

Solution:

That blank space is conduct by post "Un buon equipaggiamento per il nostro sito", ID 2391, this post does not satisfy your conditional setting you have setup in view "Notizie".

for example: you can edit the post 2391: in the custom taxonomy section "Branche", enable term "Branca E/G", and save the post, and test the view again.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Anonymous 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Anonymous
download.jpg

Hi, I have a problem with a custom view I created with toolset.

It always worked, but now an issue came out.

The problem is that the view should only display posts of the category "notizie", but know it is also shown a blank space and I don't know why.

This is the page hidden link
and this is the view hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I checked on your install and it seems something going wrong. I need duplicator package of your install for further debug.

Could you please send me copy of your site:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Dear Simone,

Minesh isn't available currently, I will take care this ticket.

For the problem: it is also shown a blank space

That blank space is conduct by post "Un buon equipaggiamento per il nostro sito", ID 2391, this post does not satisfy your conditional setting you have setup in view "Notizie", for example: you can edit the post 2391: in the custom taxonomy section "Branche", enable term "Branca E/G", and save the post, and test the view again.

Anonymous

Sorry @luoy, but the post 2391 does not belong to category "notizie" so, wheter or not it belongs to custom taxonomy "branche", this view should not display it anyway.

Why the first selection (choose only post in category "notizie") doesn't work properly and also choose this post but then (not belonging to any branca) doesn't show it but create a blank space?

It is a no sense.

I don't want that post in that view, and there shouldn't be problems since it not belong to "notizie".

I need more help

No, the post 2391 does belong to category "notizie", and seems the term "notizie" is the default term of taxonomy "Category"

I have done below modification in your website, edit the post
hidden link

enable term "CoCa" and disable the term "notizie", you will need to change it to according to your website settings, please test again, check if it is fixed or not.

Anonymous

Sorry but this makes no sense to me.

If the post does NOT belong to category "notizie", even if does not belong to any other category, it should NOT be displayed anyway.

The view is pretty clear: SHOW ONLY THE POSTS IN CATEGORY notizie

A Toolset fix is needed since this post should not belong to any existing category and at the same time should not be loaded in that view.

As I mentioned above the problem post 2391 did belong to category "notizie", the term "notizie" is the default term of taxonomy "category", so even did not select the term when you edit/create a post, if there isn't any term selected, wordpress will add the term "notizie" to the post.

And I had already edited this post in your website:
hidden link
enable term "CoCa" and disable the term "notizie"
it does not display in the result page:
hidden link
And there isn't any empty in above page any more, please check it. confirm it is fixed or not, if it isn't, please describe detail steps for how and where I can see the problem, thanks

Anonymous

Ok

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.