Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom search output view

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jay 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Jay
Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 2.50.57 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 2.52.59 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Im trying to make the output images the same size. (Im using the version of toolset that doesn't need coding) lol

Is there any documentation that you are following?
In Darios video they all look perfect. https://toolset.com/2020/03/helping-visitors-find-what-they-need-using-custom-searches/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jay,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site once more to check on the issue ?

Our Previous ticket was resolved so the credentials were automatically removed. I may need to grab a copy of the site as well to test locally.

Thanks,
Shane

Jay

hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jay,

Based on what I see here the images are displaying correctly and that is based on their medium image size that you've selected.

Is it that you want all the images to have the same height ?

BTW are you a contractor here as well?

No i'm not actually I work in the support forum to provide technical support 🙂

Thanks,
Shane

Jay

Small or large, I just want the thumbnails to be even, but the thumbnail option is too small.

If we show film locations in general its landscape. If we show models its portrait.

Does that make sense?

I need the images to look neat and tidy in both landscape and portrait. Even if they are cropped / reframed. But not distorted.

Thanks for your patience.
Jay

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jay,

I checked and it appears that your site isn't allowing me to set custom image sizes.

Can you contact your host and ask them if the php-gd and php-gd2 modules are installed on your server as these will be needed to ensure that you can set the custom image sizes for cropping as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Jay

Thanks Shane. I’ve asked them at Trans IP my server

Jay

Good evening,

All our installed modules are listed here:

hidden link

Unfortunately, because Web hosting is a shared platform, you cannot install modules per domain. You would have to look for an alternative, or look for a VPS.

I hope to have informed you adequately.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jay,

Would you mind if I grabbed a copy of your site to test on my server here locally?

Thanks,
Shane

Jay

No problem. I’d really appreciate it

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Shane is on Holiday today he will get back to work tomorrow, He will continue to help you tomorrow. Please standby.

Jay
GD.jpg

Good day,

As you can see through the link that my colleague Erik provided you, you can see that the 'GD' module is installed. As well as version 2 that your programming team is asking for. Please check the link my colleague Erik provided you again for this information. You can also check my screenshot to verify that the GD module is installed.

So, whatever your programming team needs to do should actually work. If what they want to do will still not work correctly, then you and your team must look into hosting your website on a self-managed VPS. You can view our VPS platform and available packages here: hidden link

As mentioned before, a VPS is completely self-managed. You can alter everything to your wishes, as well as installing modules in PHP that you need. However, this also comes with the fact that we cannot offer any assistance in managing the VPS. You will have to move the hosting of your website from your Webhosting package to a VPS and perform any necessary changes yourself. I hope for your understanding.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Stef de Bruin

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 10.45.44 AM.png

Hello,

I took a copy of your site and can confirm that the image crop works here locally. See Screenshot

The images here are cropped 400*400

This is a good indicator that there is an issue with the server as in your case i'm getting an error when I attempt to use the custom image sizes.

Are you able to cycle through the various php versions on your server and try to use the custom image crop to see which version of PHP it works on ?

Please let me know if this is a possibility.

Thanks,
Shane

Jay

Ill give it a go. Will be tomorrow night now.

Jay
Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 4.54.21 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 4.54.34 PM.jpg

PHP 7.4 is the earliest I can choose in the advanced server options.

Is this the right place to put 400x400?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.