Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom search and maps are not shown after importing 14.000 house objects

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Yesterday I imported 14.235 house objects to my custom posts. I did the import in 4 separated files and everything worked fine. I can see all houses here: hidden link

Now the problem is: on every site where i use toolset my content is white. If I delete the divi text module with the maps view, everything is fine. Even the custom search is not shown anymore.

Examples:
1. hidden link: Here is a map with all custom posts, the page is white
2. hidden link: at the end of the page was a map. The page was white. After deleting the map, the content is there. After making a new text module with the maps view, the page is blank again. Only the navigation bar appears.
3. The custom search was shown on this site: hidden link -> white

Can you help me? I can give you backend access to localize the problem.

Kind regards,
Tobias

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot why the content of these pages is not showing correctly, I'll need access to the website's admin area.

Please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message. Your next reply will be private, which means only you and our support team will have access to it.

Important note: Please make a complete backup copy of your website before sharing the login details.

regards,
Waqar

it seems that the site stops loading because of too many objects. I set a limit on this site: wma.tobias-schmidt.me/italien to 200. The map is there. how can I show all objects on a map?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for sharing the login details and your findings.

If a web page fails to load correctly while handling a large amount of data, it suggests that the server's allocated processing and memory resources are not enough, for that request.

I'll recommend checking your server's error log to get more specific details about this timeout issue.

You can also consult your hosting's support team to see if they can increase the allowed memory size and the maximum execution time for the PHP scripts.

Note: if your website is hosted on a shared environment, you may have to upgrade to a VPS or dedicated server, which offers more processing power to handle a large amount of data.

regards,
Waqar

Hello Wadar,

I`m not sure if it is this problem. Because before I uploaded 14.000 objetcs., I handled abaout 1.000 objects without any problems. The map was loading very fast and my search on wma.tobias-schmidt.me/daenemark was shown. Now I limited the map to 200 entries and it is very very slow. Before it showed me 1.000 objects withour problems.

Can you please check my code in the views. Maybe there is a fault in the loop or something.
How can I debug the server? Where do I find the logs?

Regards,
Tobias

maybe this can be interesting: hidden link
I`m running PHP 7.2

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for waiting and sorry I couldn't follow up on this sooner.

If the same code/view is working correctly with a limited amount of data, it means your data and settings are fine, but your server needs to have more resources to handle large data requests.

Were you able to able to get in touch with your hosting's support team, to get to the error logs or current performance situation of the server?

They'll be in a better position to guide you about the error logs, resource consumption and potential performance issues linked to that.

Important note: To make sure your WordPress is logging all errors and warnings in a "debug.log" file in the root directory, please make sure to include the code from this guide in your website's "wp-config.php" file:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#Example_wp-config.php_for_Debugging

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.