Skip Navigation

[Resolved] custom posts missing in view while other posts are doubled

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Schermafbeelding 2021-01-18 om 21.16.51.png
Schermafbeelding 2021-01-18 om 21.16.31.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a custom post type, for which I created a view.
When loading all posts - no filers active yet- some posts are missing, while other posts are doubled. I cannot find out why that happens. I use pagination. When I completely remove the pagination from the view an load all posts at once the result is correct and the problem is gone.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link
On this page the posts are loaded. Some of the posts shown on page 1 are again visible on page 3. Like for example the post with title "Fietsen langs de Oostzee: van Lübeck naar Stralsund"

Other posts are missing when browsing through all pages.
I noticed that when using the filters op top - for example by country - all issues are gone as well.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Any idea? Thank you! Best regards, Robbert Ravensbergen

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes, I can see that the said post is repeated on the 3rd page and that is really strange.

I'm not sure if you are using latest Toolset plugins. Can you please make sure you are using latest Toolset plugins? If yes:
- In order to rule out the possibility with any third-party plugins you are using or theme:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see any difference?

If no, I will first require access details to know your setup and then if I will require, I will ask for duplicator copy of your site.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi, as a follow up:
disabling all plugins besides toolset, toolset views and elementor(pro) did not solve the issue.
switching to the default twentytwenty theme did neither solve the issue.
thank you!
best regards, Robbert

Minesh
Supporter

I checked on your install and yes, I can see that menu order is not working with your test site even I disable most of the plugins and switched to the default theme.

Then I run a test with a simple view (without frontend filters added) and I can see menu_order is working as expected. You can see the post ID and no Post ID or title is repeated with my test:
=> hidden link

This will require further debugging to know whats going wrong. To debug this further I will require duplicator copy of your site.

Can you please send me duplicator copy of your site:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you. I setup the site on my local test server.

And the strange thing is that, when I navigate to page 1,2 or 3 I do not see any duplicate records.

Does your server uses any caching?

Would you mind to take a duplicator copy from the following link and try to install this duplicator copy on another server and check if you can see the issue:
=> hidden link

Also, for now, I set the view's order to post date. Do I require to check with any custom field?

Hi Minesh
Thank you for your time!
I had the same issue on my local test environment.
But it only seems to occur when the sort order of the posts is set to 'menu order' - I think you also experienced that when testing at January 20?
Please check what happens on your local environment with that sort order setting, cause for me it's the same issue.
As far as I know there's no server caching currently active on my staging domain.
thanks, best regards Robbert

Minesh
Supporter

This is really strange.

On my local test server when I set the view to orderby menu_order I do not able to see the issue. When I paginate to page 2,3 I do not see any duplicate post.

Then, I hosted your site on my live test server and what I found is unreal. 🙂

I can see that the same site, same view, same page and I can see the duplicate post on 3rd page.

I've asked 2nd tier to look at this issue. Please hold on further updates. For now, it seems to do with PHP or MySQL version but there could be different issue.

Minesh
Supporter

I see on your server you are using the MySQL version 5.7.31.

Can you please update MySQL version to 5.6.

As you can see with Toolset's Server Requirement, we suggest minimum MySQL version should be used is 5.6.
=> https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

Can you please update it and check if that help you to resolve your issue.

It should fix the issue as, with my localhost having MySQL version 8.0.18, I do not see the issue. We can see the issue with MySQL version 5.7.31 and 5.7.33.

Hi Minesh
Thank you. However I think that you're now giving me a strange advice.
Updating to 5.6, while I'm actually already on 5.7.x? That's not an update - as you suggested - but a downgrade.
Anyway, this website is on a shared hosting and I cannot update or downgrade it myself. Besides that I think that mysql 5.7.31 is currently a very widely used version. I'm working with several hosting companies all on that version.
What I'll do is to check what I'll be able to do with the mysql versions locally. But still I'm convinced that your advice isn't correct here. If the minimum requirement is 5.6.x and I'm on 5.7.x it should not be an issue. Otherwise it should state the minimum is v8.x

Thanks, best regards, Robbert

Minesh
Supporter

Ahh, sorry, yes, you are running with MySQL v5.7.x.

Can you please check with MySQL v8.x.x.

As I can confirm that it works with MySQL v8.0.18 when I host your site on my localhost.
- with another supporter hosted your site on his local host and he find it working using MySQL v5.7.30.

With MySQL v5.7.33 and v5.7.31 I do not find it working, it duplicates the posts with these versions.

Hi I'll need time to update to mysql 8 - on my current host it isn't possible.
But besides that being a workaround I assume that this issue has been reported to the dev team as well? Otherwise the plugin would need to state that it's no longer compatible with mysql 5.7.
thanks

Minesh
Supporter

The thing is that we do not control the MySQL version and as a proof we show you with what version its working and with what version is not working.

And its not that the Toolset is not compatible with MySQL version you are currently using (in this case 5.7.31) but even if you run a standard query with menu_order within phpMyAdmin, with this version you will see the issue and with MySQL version 8.x.x the same SQL query with menu_order you will find it working.

Toolset has nothing to do here as its belongs to MySQL version or maybe some setting but to know what exactly causing this, you will have to contact MySQL professional they should guide you better.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.