Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Post Type Stopped Working After Upgrading Avada to 4.5.2

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

We upgraded Avada to 5.4.2, and noticed our custom post type pages stopped working. The custom post type pages use all-in-one-event-calendar. Is there a known compatibility issue with Avada 5.4.2, All-in-one-event-calendar, and Toolset?

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Ai1ec_Exception_Handler::handle_exception() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given in /var/www/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-event-calendar/lib/exception/handler.php:191 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Ai1ec_Exception_Handler->handle_exception(Object(Error)) #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-event-calendar/lib/exception/handler.php on line 191

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I do not see any other user reported the same issue but as I can see with the information you shared with me I can see that the error is from "all-in-one-event-calendar" plugin.

Do you see it's working when you disable the "all-in-one-event-calendar" plugin? - If yes: the issue is from "all-in-one-event-calendar" plugin.

Thank you for your response. We tried deactivating All-in-one-event-calendar, and got the errors below:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Avada::get_page_id() in /var/www/html/mysite/wp-content/plugins/layouts-avada/application/theme/view/header.php:49 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/mysite/wp-includes/template.php(688): require_once() #1 /var/www/html/mysite/wp-content/plugins/layouts/extra/theme_integration_support/autoloaded/theme_template_router_abstract.php(92): load_template('/var/www/html/o...', true) #2 /var/www/html/mysite/wp-content/plugins/layouts/extra/theme_integration_support/autoloaded/theme_template_router_abstract.php(118): WPDDL_Integration_Theme_Template_Router_Abstract->locate_template(Array, true) #3 /var/www/html/mysite/wp-content/plugins/layouts-avada/application/theme/view/template-single.php(9): WPDDL_Integration_Theme_Template_Router_Abstract->get_header() #4 /var/www/html/mysite/wp-includes/template-loader.php(74): include('/var/www/html/o...') #5 /var/www/html/mysite/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/var/www/html/o...') #6 /var/www/html/mysite/index.php(17): require in /var/www/html/mysite/wp-content/plugins/layouts-avada/application/theme/view/header.php on line 49

===========================================================================
Again, everything was working fine until we upgraded Avada from 5.0.6. to 5.4.2. Thank you!

I updated Types, Views, and Layouts to the latest version.

After I deactivated "Toolset Avada Integration" plugin, the error is gone.

Where I can download the latest version of "Toolset Avada Integration". Our current version is 1.4
=======
Toolset Avada Integration
Activate | Delete
Layouts Integration for Theme Avada
Version 1.4 | By OnTheGoSystems | Visit plugin site | Security Check
=======
Thank you so much.

Hello,

Minesh isn't available, I will take care of this thread.

The "Toolset Avada Integration" plugin does not work with the latest version of Toolset plugin, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/

You can download the latest version of "Toolset Avada Integration" plugin here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/retired-toolset-theme-integration-plugins/

These popular themes are no longer “fully integrated” with layouts and they do not require any additional integration plugins. Instead, from the version 2.1, you use Layouts to design the content area of the page only. Additionally, the theme-specific Layouts cells that came with the old integration plugins are no longer available.

So it is not recommended to use "Toolset Avada Integration" plugin in your new project.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.