Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Post type still shows old name with new in dropdowns after name change

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jon Burr 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.54.34 PM.png

I changed the name of a custom post type after seeing it appear twice in dropdowns.
It was "Feed Items." After seeing it twice in dropdowns, I changed its name to Feed Articles... and I still see "Feed Items"

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: No more listing of "Feed Items"

Instead, I got: it's still there, along with the new name.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jon

Seeing it twice in the dropdowns shouldn't happen in the first place. In your debug info I can see your registered post types and it shows only Feed Articles and not Feed Items.

I suspect a conflict with another plugin may be responsible. Can we first eliminate that possibility?

Disable all of your non-Toolset plugins and then re-check. If it is a plugin conflict you can re-enable them one-by-one or in batches to track down which.

Similarly, can you test your theme by switching to twentyseventeen and re-testing.

Let me know what that reveals.

It's WP RSS Aggregator... it had already created that CPT, it seems. Deactivating it causes the duplicate to disappear.
So, I'll use the Types CPT and just avoid the other..:)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.