Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom post type not showing up in buddypress

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Directory 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am using buddyboss / buddypress and they have a feature where they show custom posts in the activity feed, but for some reason custom posts created using toolset do not show up in the activity feed. initially i thought it was a buddyboss issue so i contacted their support but after their investigation they are believe the error is on the toolset side.
Please see bellow for their findings . . .

Hi Dear Client,

Thanks a lot for being patient to get support from us.

Our Buddyboss Product team has checked and investigate your concern. We get a response from the team that;

You are using the third party plugins(toolset types) to create a custom post type. Kindly please check the issue is due to those as if we create the custom post type manually or via Custom Post Type UI its working fine.

For your reference, you can see given below screenshot:
hidden link

So, for this you will need to check with the Toolset type plugin author support team.

Hope this information helps and please let me know if you have more question or concern.

Hello,

Where and how can I download the "buddyboss" plugin?

Since it is a compatibility issue with other plugins "buddyboss / buddypress", please provide a copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

test-123.jpg

Thanks for the details, I have done below modifications in your website:
1) Dashboard-> Snippets, add an item "Custom post type in buddypress", with below codes:

add_post_type_support( 'my-top-10', 'buddypress-activity' );

2) Dashboard-> BuddyBoss-> Settings, in section "Custom Post Types", enable option "My Top 10 Books"

3) Create a "My Top 10 Books" post: test 123, test it in frontend:
hidden link
It works fine, see my screenshot test-123.jpg

It is actually a buddypress issue, you just need to follow their document to setup the custom PHP codes, see their document here:
hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.