Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom post type : define order attribut in "All items" admin screen

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by volodiaB 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I have a custom post type with page attributes setting to true.

Is it possible to define the order of the custom posts directly from the "All items" admin screen of that CPT?

Regards,
Volodia

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 2.12.40 PM.png

Hi Volodia,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Just for confirm what you are referring to. In my screenshot this is the admin page you are making reference to correct?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Correct. As the order attribute allows to display posts relatively between each others, it would be convenient to set these attributes in bulk directly from that "All items" admin screen (to have the big picture).

Do you get my point ?

Regards, Volodia

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Volodia,

Not sure if I get your point but this is what I understand.

You will like to have an order attribute and then order the posts based on that attribute correct?

Either you will need some custom code to order the posts on this screen automatically. WordPress does have a default ordering where you can click the post title Label and it will order it.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I'll tell my client to use the 'quick edit' WordPress feature to manually set the order between the posts.

Regards,
Volodia

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.