Skip Navigation

[Closed] Custom Post Field: Date field not working in mobile

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Sorry, I created a new thread because I can't reply to Waqar's response, there's no reply button in it. [https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-post-field-date-field-not-working-in-mobile/#post-2538599]

This was about the issue concerning selecting a date in mobile. Last time the screen capture I uploaded had expired, I uploaded it somewhere else again. Here is the link: hidden link

Waqar's reply:
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

When I checked the link to the screen capture, it had already expired.

I've tested the date field on a couple of different mobile devices, but couldn't reproduce any issue. Are you experiencing this on any particular device or browser? If yes, please share the details about the device and the browser that you're using and if possible, another screen capture link.

Please also test if the login/logout status of the visitor has any effect on this.

regards,
Waqar

It affects all mobile device users and we're browsing using Google and Safari. The problem is, as soon as you pick a date, it doesn't show in the box, and the entire process will stall because the dates are required for the form to be submitted.

Regarding login/logout status, I don't think it is a problem since desktop/laptop-based can submit without problem. Only those who submit through their mobile devices.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

I've checked the original ticket and it is still open. It is strange that you were not able to reply to it.

Do you see any error or warning, when you try to reply?

It is important to note that the way Toolset's date/time type field works, there is a slight delay between the date selection on the date picker and the actual population or filling in the relevant field.
( here is a quick screen capture of how these fields work on my mobile: hidden link )

When a date is selected, an AJAX call is made in the backend to convert and process it according to the correct date/time format. That formatted date is then filled in the date field's input, through the script. If there is some connection issue, or if some browser extension or security app is installed on the mobile, this AJAX call or script can be blocked or restricted.

Can you please make sure that your testing device and browser don't have any extra browser extensions installed?

If the issue persists, please do share the name and operating system version of the mobile that you're testing with.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

I asked my fellow to retry it again, this is the video link that shows from start to finish: hidden link

He was using iOS 16.1.2 - Chrome Browser. Five individuals tried it too, but they weren't able to complete the process in mobile form.

Hi, any update regarding this. Thanks!

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

I've performed some more testing on a couple of physical devices as well as on virtual devices (Browserstack) using the Safari and Chrome browsers, but couldn't reproduce this issue with the date picker.

Can you please request your tester to check the demo page for the date picker script, on that same device?
hidden link

It's actually working.

Have you tried to test in a mobile device our own form itself, I mean could you try to submit a form: hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Here are some screen recordings from my colleague's iPhone 12, with the latest iOS and browser versions, where the form submits successfully.

Safari:
hidden link

Chrome:
hidden link

Most likely, this particular device that is having the issue has some security setting or extension enabled, which is affecting the date picker.

I'm sorry, where's the screen recording ehehe?

Waqar
Supporter

Please accept my apologies as the links got mixed up, in the last reply.

Safari:
hidden link

Chrome:
hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom Post Field: Date field not working in mobile’ is closed to new replies.