Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom fields not showing in editor

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The CPTs custom fields don't show up in the editor.

Solution:

It should be a cache problem, if you are using some other cache plugins in your website, please try to purge the cache and test again.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.07 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lesleyA 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Posts
#2300261
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 19.07.33.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 19.06.09.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 19.05.50.png

I have an issue which keeps popping up. The CPTs don't show up in the editor.

I have made a field group called "Experts and suppliers"
And I made a post type called "Experts". Toolset seems to have assigned the field group "Experts and suppliers" which is good. But when I look at the post type I see that it is looking for "Field Group for Experts" which is one I deleted because I needed to make big changes.

I have tried disabling plugins and also changed the theme, but it won't assign the correct field group.

I've attached pics so you can see.

#2300677

Hello,

It should be a cache problem, if you are using some other cache plugins in your website, please try to purge the cache and test again.

#2300847

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

My site is hosted at WordPress.com where you cannot manually clear the cache without first contacting WordPress support. In my case, having spent several hours trying to resolve the above issue, I discovered that the cache had cleared overnight and the Toolset plugin is now working as it should. The answer turns out to be patience!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.