Skip Navigation

[Resolved] custom fields

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yoshihikoH 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
error-1.jpg

Hello,

I was trying to create a custom field.
Dashboard → Custom fields → add custom fields
Sorry to trouble you, but please check the attached file.
I don't see all of the fields.
I would like to solve it, so please help me.
Thank you.

Regards

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

It looks like something is interfering with the CSS styles on the page responsible for the layout (so many of the field types are missing off the side of the screen).

It may be possible to determine where the problem styles come from by inspecting the page in the browser dev tools, but it may be easier to run a conflict check.

Disable all plugins except Toolset, and make sure you are not running any custom code (if you edited the theme's functions.php file, switch theme to twentytwenty, and disable any code snippets added in Toolset > Settings).

Then try visting the same page to add custom fields again. If the problem no longer appears then you should be able to determine the source of any conflict that triggers the problem by a process of elimination.

Let us know what you find, it may be a conflict we can reproduce and follow up on.

screenshot.png

Dear Nigel,

Thanks for your support
With your support, I checked the settings of Toolset.
The result was a Fatal error.
Please confirm the attached file.
So I will initialize the site and start over.

Regards

Yoshihiko

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

It looks like the error occurs because of a conflict with the plugin google-listings-and-ads.

Did you check if setting up custom fields works correctly with that plugin disabled?

I installed the plugin on my own test site and it generated a fatal error and could not be installed, even if I disabled all Toolset plugins. I see that it has a lot of one star reviews.

Normally we would look into compatibility issues such as this, but given that I cannot even activate the plugin because of errors on a site without any Toolset plugins I don't think it is something we would pursue any further.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.