Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom field Image upload (allow multiple instance) issue with XML image import

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by TomW5440 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
3.png
2.png
1.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
So I have a custom field for image upload set to 'Allow multiple instances of this field'. The trouble is when using WP all import for property images via XML. So my images in the feed are formatted like this -

<ImageURL>
hidden link|hidden link|hidden link|hidden link|hidden link|hidden link|hidden link|hidden link|hidden link|hidden link|hidden link|
</ImageURL>

And so using WP all import I'd need to enter {ImageURL[1]} into the Images custom field. The problem is that for each image the urls of ALL images are imported.

With WP all import there is a dedicated image section (image3) so I wonder if I can connect image CF to this somehow?

Not sure how to work around this so some guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello,

Toolset multiple instance custom image field is just a standard WordPress repeater field:
Same field slug, different field values.

You can follow WP all import document to setup your XML files, and import it:
hidden link

Thank you this is helpful.
One further related question.. How can add value into a relationship field using via xml feed? Thank you!

New threads created by Luo Yang and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-can-add-value-into-a-relationship-field-using-via-xml-feed/

I assume the original questions of this thread is resolved, according to our support policy, we prefer one ticket one question. For other new issues, please check the new thread here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-can-add-value-into-a-relationship-field-using-via-xml-feed/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.