Skip Navigation

[Closed] Custom beaver builder module lose focus because of Toolset

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hello,

I'm using Beaver Builder. Types is forcing its 'shortcode picker' on all text inputs in the BB editor, which means I have to click twice to focus a text input (the first click is 'grabbed by Toolset' to wrap the input in a span tag and append an anchor).

hidden link

Just got a message from the support robot, keeping this thread alive 🙂

DB

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This issue is now escalated to our 2nd Tier for further analysis. I'll get back to you as soon as we have something to share.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

This feels like a setting that we should be able to turn off (e.g. append shortcode helper to text inputs, y/n), but if that's not a priority, I would appreciate some JavaScript that would disable the behavior that I can put in my plugin. Thanks.

DB

More info here - it appears that textareas in Beaver Builder modules are also affected by Toolset's JS. When I try to implement CodeMirror on a textarea in my custom plugin, having Toolset active keeps it from working. Deactivating Toolset solves the problem.

From what I see, Toolset is adding some event handlers on Beaver Builder settings inputs and texteareas. That's fine to do and I can understand why, but the features should be able to be toggled off if they're causing problems.

Please provide the code to unbind these features. Thanks.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I'll report the issue with the textarea to our 2nd Tier too.

In the meantime, I have tried on a clean install again and I could disable the Types behavior with the following custom code:

// Put the code of your snippet below this comment.
function unbind_focus_event_for_bb(){
  if ( isset( $_GET['fl_builder'] ) ) {
    ?>
	<script>
      jQuery(function(){
	    jQuery( document ).off( 'focus', '.fl-lightbox-content input:text' );
      });
	</script>
	<?php
  }
}

add_action('wp_print_scripts', 'unbind_focus_event_for_bb');

You can check it in Toolset->Settings->Custom Code(tab) here hidden link

Can you reproduce the textarea issue and I'll check what custom code will work for it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom beaver builder module lose focus because of Toolset’ is closed to new replies.