Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom access settings for Toolset

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have used toolset custom code functionality to write custom code.

Now I want to selective access to some code snippets to an engineer to help me trouble shoot. I would like to avoid sharing all the custom code with the new hire.

Is there a way in Toolset that I can restrict access to specific custom code snippets based on user role?
If not, are there any workarounds I can use?

Hello,

No, there isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset plugins.

But Toolset custom codes will be created as PHP file in your website folder:
wp-content/toolset-customizations/

So you can create SFTP/FTP access for your engineer, and grant read/write access for each snippet item.

Thank you. I have two follow up question.
1. I am using SiteGround and can only give FTP access for a folder to the engineer. As the toolset customizations folder contains all the snippets, how do I give access to a single file? If I create a new sub folder in toolset customizations, that is probably give an error. How do I solve this?
2. On the front-end, I see the import/ export functionality in Toolset. How can I remove this access for a role?

New threads created by Luo Yang and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-remove-import-export-functionality-for-a-role/

You can follow SiteGround document to setup permissions to single files:
hidden link
In my opinion, after your engineer login to your webserver with ftp, limit him in the "toolset-customizations" folder:
- For those specific items, give him write permission
- For other items, don't give write permission
hidden link

According to our support policy, we prefer one ticket one question, for other new questions, please check the new thread here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-remove-import-export-functionality-for-a-role/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.