Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Current Block Builder Doesn’t Support Adding Query Filter Option

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to add a post owner filter to a View of a Repeatable Field Group (RFG). I am building this View in the Blocks editor, but I cannot see any way to add a dynamic filter based on the post being displayed.

Solution: Select the top-level View block using the Block Navigation menu, then you will find a Query Filter configuration panel in the right column of the Block Editor screen. You can add a post owner filter or any other Query Filter here. In an upcoming release of Views, you will be prompted to select this filter during the creation of the View. This improved workflow will help resolve this confusion.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aprilA 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 1.42.20 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to use a repeatable field group and I need to add a filter for a view that would be displaying dynamic content with a custom post type.

Is this possible? I can't find any filter options to do this in the block editor view.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 3.51.19 PM.png

Hi, in the new beta plugins this filter will be selected during View creation in some cases when you select the RFG as the content source of a new View inside a template or other post. When the next full release of Blocks is published, that will be the normal workflow. However until that happens, you should add a post owner Query Filter manually. In the Block Editor, you must first select the top-level View block. It's usually easiest to select that block using the Block Navigation menu at the top of the screen. This menu looks like 3 horizontal bars, stacked on top of one another and staggered like stairsteps (see the screenshot here for an example). Select the top-level View block in this menu, then you'll find a Query Filter panel in the block configuration area. You can add your post relationship or post owner Query Filter here. Let me know if you have questions about that.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.