Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CSS Styling bootstrap options 3 or 4 issue

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user would like to use Bootstrap from Toolset, but that breaks the theme's breadcrumbs.

Solution:
Apparently, both Toolset and the user's theme provide different styling for the breadcrumbs styles. We can fix this with custom CSS code. Such as:

.breadcrumb {
    display: block;
    background-color: unset;
}
This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katerinaH 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

When I select either of the Bootstrap options, the background where my breadcrumbs appear turns grey instead of blending with my featured image as it currently does.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

I assume that you are talking about the breadcrumbs in this screenshot, right? hidden link
It seems that a plugin, the theme, and Bootstrap have different styles for the class "breadcrumb". To work around this you'll need to add the following CSS to your website:

.breadcrumb {
    display: block;
    background-color: unset;
}

If you are using a Toolset content template to display blog articles, you can add this custom CSS code to it.
If you don't you can use the WordPress customizer or a 3rd party plugin. Check this article hidden link

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.